Definitions for ORS 459A.552 to 459A.599
(1) "Commission" means the Environmental Quality Commission.
(2) "Department" means the Department of Environmental Quality.
(3) "Recycle" means to prepare used oil for reuse as a petroleum product by refining, rerefining, reclaiming, reprocessing or other means or to use used oil in a manner that substitutes for a petroleum product made from new oil, provided that the preparation or use is operationally safe, environmentally sound and complies with all laws and regulations.
(4) "Person" means any individual, private or public corporation, partnership, cooperative association, estate, municipality, political or jurisdictional subdivision or governmental agency or instrumentality.
(5) "Used oil" means a petroleum-based oil which through use, storage or handling has become unsuitable for its original purpose due to the presence of impurities or loss of original properties. [Formerly 468.850]
Note: See note under 459A.552 (Recycling and recovery of used oil).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.