2015 ORS § 98.392¹
Claim for unclaimed property reported to Department of State Lands
  • timing and processing of claim
  • claims for securities
  • rules

(1) A person claiming an interest in unclaimed property reported to the Department of State Lands may file a claim to the property or to the proceeds from the sale of the property at any time after the person learns that the property has been reported to the department. Claims shall be filed on the form prescribed by the department. The department may require the person to provide a lost instrument bond if the claim is for securities and the person does not surrender the original certificate to the department.

(2) If a claim is filed under this section for amounts identified as lawyer trust account funds in the report required by ORS 98.352 (Report of abandoned property), the department shall forward the claim to the Oregon State Bar for review and for payment by the Oregon State Bar if the claim is allowed. The department and the Oregon State Bar shall adopt rules for the administration of claims subject to this subsection. [1957 c.670 §21; 1977 c.609 §1; 1983 c.716 §18; 1991 c.213 §1; 1993 c.694 §17; 1997 c.85 §1; 2009 c.462 §3]