Notice and publication of lists of unclaimed property
- • rules
(1) The Department of State Lands shall publish notice of owners’ unclaimed accounts reported under ORS 98.352 (Report of abandoned property). The notice shall be published at least twice in a newspaper or other generally circulated periodical published in this state. The department may publish such notices at intervals to locate owners of accounts received under ORS 98.352 (Report of abandoned property) (4) in an expedient manner, but shall complete publication of all such accounts within one year of remittance.
(2) The department is not required to publish in such notice any item of less than $100 unless the department deems such publication to be in the public interest.
(3) This section is not applicable to sums payable on traveler’s checks or money orders presumed abandoned under ORS 98.309 (When traveler's check or money order presumed abandoned).
(4) The department shall undertake reasonable efforts to locate owners of unclaimed property reported to the department under ORS 98.352 (Report of abandoned property). The costs of such efforts may be deducted from the proceeds that are paid to the owners when and if an owner is located. The department shall specify, by rule, a maximum percentage of costs that may be deducted from a verified claim for unclaimed property.
(5) The Department of State Lands may not disclose to the general public any confidential information provided by the Department of Revenue from taxpayer returns. [1957 c.670 §14; 1967 c.357 §3; 1983 c.716 §10; 1989 c.183 §1; 1993 c.694 §8; 1997 c.134 §1; 2003 c.253 §5]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.