Revocation or amendment of anatomical gift by donor or agent or guardian of donor
(1) Except as provided in subsection (7) or (8) of this section, an anatomical gift made under ORS 97.957 (Methods of making anatomical gift before death of donor) may be amended or revoked only by the donor in accordance with the provisions of this section and may not be amended or revoked by any other person otherwise authorized to make, amend or revoke a gift under ORS 97.963 (Effect of making, amending or revoking anatomical gift) or 97.967 (Methods for making, amending or revoking anatomical gift of body or body part of decedent by authorized person).
(2) A donor or other person authorized to amend or revoke an anatomical gift under subsection (7) or (8) of this section may amend or revoke an anatomical gift by:
(a) A record signed by:
(A) The donor;
(B) The other person; or
(C) Subject to subsection (3) of this section, another individual acting at the direction of the donor or the other person if the donor or other person is physically unable to sign; or
(b) A later-executed document of gift that amends or revokes a previous anatomical gift or portion of an anatomical gift, either expressly or by inconsistency.
(3) A record signed pursuant to subsection (2)(a)(C) of this section must:
(a) Be witnessed by at least two adults, at least one of whom is a disinterested witness, who have signed at the request of the donor or the other person; and
(b) State that it has been signed and witnessed as required in this subsection.
(4) A donor or other person authorized to revoke an anatomical gift under subsection (7) or (8) of this section may revoke an anatomical gift by the destruction or cancellation of the document of gift, or the portion of the document of gift used to make the gift, with the intent to revoke the gift.
(5) A donor may amend or revoke an anatomical gift that was not made in a will by any form of communication during a terminal illness or injury addressed to at least two adults, at least one of whom is a disinterested witness.
(6) A donor who makes an anatomical gift in a will may amend or revoke the gift in the manner provided for amendment or revocation of wills or as provided in subsection (4) of this section.
(7) If a donor who is an unemancipated minor dies, a parent of the donor who is reasonably available may revoke or amend an anatomical gift of the donor’s body or body part.
(8) An agent or guardian of a donor may amend or revoke an anatomical gift only if:
(a) The agent or guardian made the gift under ORS 97.955 (Purpose of anatomical gift) (2)(b) or (d); or
(b) The power of attorney for health care or other record appointing the agent expressly authorizes the agent to amend or revoke anatomical gifts. [2007 c.681 §5; 2009 c.106 §2; 2011 c.61 §1]
Note: See note under 97.951 (Short title).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.