The Oregon Commission on Historic Cemeteries shall:
(1) Maintain a listing of all historic cemeteries in this state.
(2) Assist in coordination of restoration, renovation and maintenance of Oregon’s historic cemeteries.
(3) Make recommendations to the State Parks and Recreation Director for projects and funding to help maintain and improve Oregon’s historic cemeteries.
(4) Obtain grant funding and seek legislative appropriations for individual historic cemeteries and groups of historic cemeteries.
(5) Make recommendations to the Legislative Assembly for changes in law that will help protect historic cemeteries as part of Oregon’s heritage.
(6) Assist the director in locating and listing historic cemeteries.
(7) Assist cemeteries listed as historic cemeteries with the commission to rehabilitate and maintain those cemeteries and to promote public education relating to historic cemeteries.
(8) Establish a process to obtain advice from authorities on the subject of the care of old grave markers and graveyards as part of any restoration process. [1999 c.731 §6; 2003 c.173 §5]
Note: See note under 97.772 (Definition of “historic cemetery”).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.