URPTDA 12. Effect of transfer on death deed during transferors life
During a transferors life, a transfer on death deed does not:
(1) Affect an interest or right of the transferor or any other owner, including the right to transfer or encumber the property;
(2) Affect an interest or right of a designated beneficiary, even if the designated beneficiary has actual or constructive notice of the deed;
(3) Affect an interest or right of a secured, unsecured or future creditor of the transferor even if the creditor has actual or constructive notice of the deed;
(4) Affect the eligibility of the transferor or a designated beneficiary for any form of public assistance or medical assistance, as defined in ORS 414.025 (Definitions for ORS chapters 411, 413 and 414);
(5) Create a legal or equitable interest in favor of the designated beneficiary; or
(6) Subject the property to claims or process of a secured, unsecured or future creditor of the designated beneficiary. [2011 c.212 §12; 2013 c.688 §9]
Note: See note under 93.948 (URPTDA 1. Short title).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.