Priority of purchaser
- • extinguishing judgment lien
- • right of judgment creditor
- • judgment defined
(1) The interest of the purchaser, the heirs and assigns of the purchaser, under a contract for the purchase and sale of realty, if such contract or memorandum thereof has been recorded in deed records, shall have priority over the lien of any subsequent judgment against the seller of the property, the heirs and assigns of the seller, and conveyance in fulfillment of said contract shall extinguish the lien of any such judgment.
(2) Subsection (1) of this section shall not be construed to limit the right of a judgment creditor to execute upon a vendors interest in a land sales contract.
(3) For the purposes of subsection (1) of this section, judgment includes any lien which by law becomes a lien upon real property in the same manner as a judgment, and includes a judgment or any such lien in favor of the State of Oregon and its agencies. [1975 c.270 §§1,2,3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information