Notice to purchaser of cancellation rights
- • form
(1) Subject to ORS 92.427 (Cancellation of agreement to buy interest in subdivision or series partition) (7), the first written real property sales contract signed by the purchaser for the sale of a lot, parcel or interest in a subdivision or series partition shall contain, either upon the first page of such contract or upon a separate sheet attached to such first page, the following notice in at least 8-point type:
BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT YOU ARE INCURRING A CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATION TO PURCHASE AN INTEREST IN LAND. HOWEVER, YOU HAVE THREE BUSINESS DAYS AFTER SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT TO CANCEL THE AGREEMENT BY WRITTEN NOTICE TO THE SELLER OR THE SELLER’S AGENT AT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
BEFORE EXECUTING THIS AGREEMENT, OR BEFORE THE THREE-DAY CANCELLATION PERIOD ENDS, YOU SHOULD DO THE FOLLOWING:
(1) CAREFULLY EXAMINE THE PUBLIC REPORT, IF ANY, ON THE SUBDIVISION OR SERIES PARTITION AND ANY ACCOMPANYING INFORMATION DELIVERED BY THE SELLER.
(2) INQUIRE OF YOUR LENDER AS TO WHETHER YOU CAN GET ADEQUATE FINANCING AT AN ACCEPTABLE INTEREST RATE.
(3) INQUIRE OF THE SELLER AND THE LENDER WHAT THE AMOUNT OF THE CLOSING COSTS WILL BE.
(2) A copy of the notice set forth in subsection (1) of this section shall be given to each purchaser under a contract described in subsection (1) of this section at the time of or immediately following the purchaser’s signing of such contract, for the use of the purchaser. [1975 c.643 §17; 1983 c.570 §21]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.