Procedure for adoption of regulations under ORS 92.044 and 92.046
The procedure for adoption of any ordinance or regulation under ORS 92.044 (Adoption of standards and procedures governing approval of plats and plans) and 92.046 (Adoption of regulations governing approval of partitioning of land) is as follows:
(1) The planning commission of the county or the city shall hold a public hearing on the proposed ordinance or regulation after publishing notice of the hearing 10 days prior to the hearing in a newspaper of general circulation published in the area in which land to be subject to such ordinance or regulation is situated or, if there is no such newspaper, a newspaper of general circulation published in the county. The notice shall contain the time, place and purpose of the hearing and a description of the land to be subject to the ordinance or regulation.
(2) Prior to the expiration of 60 days after the date of such hearing, the planning commission may transmit its recommendation regarding the proposed ordinance or regulation to the governing body of the county or city, as the case may be. If the planning commission recommendation has not been received by the governing body of the county or the city prior to the expiration of such 60-day period, the governing body may consider the ordinance or regulation without recommendation of the planning commission thereon.
(3) Prior to the adoption of such ordinance or regulation, the governing body of the county or the city shall hold a hearing thereon after giving notice of the hearing in the same manner provided in subsection (1) of this section.
(4) A copy of any regulation or ordinance adopted by the governing body of a county or a city under this section, together with a map of the area subject to the regulation or ordinance and a brief statement of the different classifications, if any, of land partitioning under the ordinance or regulation, shall be filed with the recording officer of the county in which the land subject to the ordinance or regulation is situated. Such ordinance or regulation shall not be effective until so filed. If the ordinance or regulation is applicable throughout all of the area over which the county or city has jurisdiction under ORS 92.042 (Governing body having jurisdiction to approve plans, maps or plats), only an outline map of such area shall be filed with the recording officer of the county.
(5) The ordinance or regulation may be amended from time to time by following the procedure prescribed in this section. [1955 c.756 §23; 1973 c.314 §1; 1973 c.696 §11; 1983 c.570 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.