Manager or owner continuing education requirements
(1) At least one person for each manufactured dwelling park who has authority to manage the premises of the park shall, every two years, complete four hours of continuing education relating to the management of manufactured dwelling parks. The following apply for a person whose continuing education is required:
(a) If there is any manager or owner who lives in the park, the person completing the continuing education must be a manager or owner who lives in the park.
(b) If no manager or owner lives in the park, the person completing the continuing education must be a manager who lives outside the park or, if there is no manager, an owner of the park.
(c) A manager or owner may satisfy the continuing education requirement for more than one park that does not have a manager or owner who lives in the park.
(2) If a person becomes the manufactured dwelling park manager or owner who is responsible for completing continuing education, and the person does not have a current certificate of completion issued under subsection (3) of this section, the person shall complete the continuing education requirement by taking the next regularly scheduled continuing education class or by taking a continuing education class held within 75 days.
(3) The Housing and Community Services Department shall ensure that continuing education classes:
(a) Are offered at least once every six months;
(b) Are offered by a statewide nonprofit trade association in Oregon representing manufactured housing interests and approved by the department;
(c) Have at least one-half of the class instruction on one or more provisions of ORS chapter 90, ORS 105.105 (Entry to be lawful and peaceable only) to 105.168 (Minor as party in proceedings pertaining to residential dwellings), fair housing law or other law relating to landlords and tenants;
(d) Provide a certificate of completion to all attendees; and
(e) Provide the department with the following information:
(A) The name of each person who attends a class;
(B) The name of the attendee’s manufactured dwelling park;
(C) The city or county in which the attendee’s park is located;
(D) The date of the class; and
(E) The names of the persons who taught the class.
(4) The department, a trade association or instructor is not responsible for the conduct of a landlord, manager, owner or other person attending a continuing education class under this section. This section does not create a cause of action against the department, a trade association or instructor related to the continuing education class.
(5) The owner of a manufactured dwelling park is responsible for ensuring compliance with the continuing education requirements in this section.
(6) The department shall annually send a written reminder notice regarding continuing education requirements under this section to each manufactured dwelling park at the address shown in the park registration filed under ORS 90.732 (Landlord registration). [2005 c.619 §3; 2007 c.906 §39; 2009 c.816 §11; 2011 c.503 §19]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.