Unreasonable conditions of rental or occupancy prohibited
- • notice of rights
(1) A landlord may not impose conditions of rental or occupancy which unreasonably restrict the tenant or prospective tenant in choosing a fuel supplier, furnishings, goods, services or accessories.
(2) A landlord may not prohibit a tenant from engaging a real estate agent or a licensed manufactured structure dealer of the tenants choice to facilitate the sale or sublease allowed under ORS 90.555 (Subleasing agreements) of the tenants manufactured dwelling or floating home.
(3) The landlord of a facility may not require the prospective tenant to purchase a manufactured dwelling or floating home from a particular dealer or one of a group of dealers.
(4) A landlord renting a space for a manufactured dwelling or floating home may not give preference to a prospective tenant who purchased a manufactured dwelling or floating home from a particular dealer.
(5) A manufactured dwelling or floating home dealer may not, as a condition of sale, require a purchaser to rent a space for a manufactured dwelling or floating home in a particular facility or one of a group of facilities, except that a dealer who is a landlord of a facility may require a purchaser of a dwelling or home from the landlord to rent a space for the dwelling or home in the landlords facility.
(6) At the time of evaluating an applicant under ORS 90.303 (Evaluation of applicant) or a prospective purchaser under ORS 90.680 (Sale of dwelling or home on rented space) (10)(a) or upon the execution of a rental agreement, whichever is earlier, the landlord of a facility shall provide the applicant, purchaser or tenant a copy of an informational handout regarding rights of tenants and landlords when a tenant is selling a manufactured dwelling or floating home in a facility, in a form prescribed by the Housing and Community Services Department. [Formerly 91.895; 1991 c.844 §7; 2019 c.268 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information