Exclusions from application of this chapter
Unless created to avoid the application of this chapter, the following arrangements are not governed by this chapter:
(1) Residence at an institution, public or private, if incidental to detention or the provision of medical, geriatric, educational, counseling, religious or similar service, but not including residence in off-campus nondormitory housing.
(2) Occupancy of a dwelling unit for no more than 90 days by a purchaser prior to the scheduled closing of a real estate sale or by a seller following the closing of a sale, in either case as permitted under the terms of an agreement for sale of a dwelling unit or the property of which it is a part. The occupancy by a purchaser or seller described in this subsection may be terminated only pursuant to ORS 91.130 (Eviction of purchaser or seller of property). A tenant who holds but has not exercised an option to purchase the dwelling unit is not a purchaser for purposes of this subsection.
(3) Occupancy by a member of a fraternal or social organization in the portion of a structure operated for the benefit of the organization.
(4) Transient occupancy in a hotel or motel.
(5) Occupancy by a squatter.
(6) Vacation occupancy.
(7) Occupancy by an employee of a landlord whose right to occupancy is conditional upon employment in and about the premises. However, the occupancy by an employee as described in this subsection may be terminated only pursuant to ORS 91.120 (Eviction of employee).
(8) Occupancy by an owner of a condominium unit or a holder of a proprietary lease in a cooperative.
(9) Occupancy under a rental agreement covering premises used by the occupant primarily for agricultural purposes. [Formerly 91.710; 1993 c.369 §2; 1997 c.577 §2; 1999 c.603 §6; 2001 c.596 §28]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.