Definitions for ORS 87.501 to 87.542
(1) “Authorized representative” means a person appointed under ORS chapter 125 as a guardian or conservator of an individual and any other person holding funds or receiving benefits or income on behalf of an individual.
(2) “Care” means all the services rendered in a long term care facility, including but not limited to medical care, room and board, nursing care, administrative costs, supplies, equipment and ancillary services such as therapies.
(3) “Decedent” means an individual who has died leaving property that is subject to administration.
(4) “Decedent’s estate” means the real and personal property of a decedent, as from time to time changed in form by sale, reinvestment or otherwise, and augmented by any accretions or additions thereto and substitutions therefor or diminished by any decreases and distributions therefrom. The term does not include assets placed in trust for the decedent by other persons.
(5) “Long term care facility” means facilities licensed as skilled nursing facilities or intermediate care facilities, as those terms are defined in ORS 442.015 (Definitions), and residential care facilities and adult foster homes licensed under ORS chapter 443. [1995 c.749 §1; 1997 c.249 §29; 1997 c.744 §1; 2001 c.104 §26]
Note: 87.501 (Definitions for ORS 87.501 to 87.542) to 87.542 (Priority of lien) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 87 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.