Notice to owner and holders of security interests
- • effect of failure to comply
(1) When a lien claimant files a notice of claim of lien as required by ORS 87.242 (Filing notice of claim of lien), the lien claimant shall send forthwith a copy of the notice to the owner of the chattel to be charged with the lien by registered or certified mail sent to the owner at the owner’s last-known address.
(2) When a lien claimant files a notice of claim of lien as required by ORS 87.242 (Filing notice of claim of lien), the lien claimant shall send a copy of the notice to all holders of security interests in the chattel to be charged with the lien who duly perfected such security interests by filing notice thereof with the Secretary of State. The notice shall be mailed to holders of perfected security interests within 30 days after the date of filing.
(3) No costs, disbursements or attorney fees otherwise allowable as provided by ORS 87.336 (Costs and attorney fees in foreclosure by suit) shall be allowed to any party failing to comply with subsections (1) and (2) of this section.
(4) If the total amount of a lien under ORS 87.226 (Agricultural services lien) exceeds $20,000, that part of the lien exceeding $20,000 is subordinate to any security interest in the crops, animals or proceeds to be charged with the lien, if:
(a) The holder of the security interest does not receive notice because of the lien claimant’s failure to comply with subsection (2) of this section; and
(b) The holder of the security interest duly perfects the interest before the date on which the lien claimant files a notice of claim of lien. [1975 c.648 §23; 1985 c.469 §5; 1993 c.352 §1; 2001 c.301 §8]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.