- • civil penalties
- • registration
- • fees
- • rules
(1) A public body may not operate an unmanned aircraft system in the airspace over this state without registering the unmanned aircraft system with the Oregon Department of Aviation.
(2) The Oregon Department of Aviation may impose a civil penalty of up to $10,000 against a public body that violates subsection (1) of this section.
(3) Evidence obtained by a public body through the use of an unmanned aircraft system in violation of subsection (1) of this section is not admissible in any judicial or administrative proceeding and may not be used to establish reasonable suspicion or probable cause to believe that an offense has been committed.
(4) The Oregon Department of Aviation shall establish a registry of unmanned aircraft systems operated by public bodies and may charge a fee sufficient to reimburse the department for the maintenance of the registry.
(5) The Oregon Department of Aviation shall require the following information for registration of an unmanned aircraft system:
(a) The name of the public body that owns or operates the unmanned aircraft system.
(b) The name and contact information of the individuals who operate the unmanned aircraft system.
(c) Identifying information for the unmanned aircraft system as required by the department by rule.
(6) A public body that registers one or more unmanned aircraft systems under this section shall provide an annual report to the Oregon Department of Aviation that:
(a) Summarizes the frequency of use of the unmanned aircraft systems by the public body during the preceding calendar year;
(b) Summarizes the purposes for which the unmanned aircraft systems have been used by the public body during the preceding calendar year; and
(c) Indicates how the public can access the policies and procedures established under ORS 837.362 (Policies and procedures for use of data).
(7) The State Aviation Board may adopt all rules necessary for the registration of unmanned aircraft systems in Oregon that are consistent with federal laws and regulations. [2013 c.686 §8; 2015 c.315 §8; 2016 c.72 §8]
Note: See note under 837.300 (Definitions).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.