Definitions for ORS 836.640 and 836.642
As used in this section and ORS 836.642 (Program for through the fence operations):
(1) Airport boundary includes the combined public and private properties that are permitted to have direct access to the airport runway by aircraft.
(2) Customary and usual aviation-related activity includes activities described in ORS 836.616 (Rules for airport uses and activities) (2) and includes activities that a local government may authorize pursuant to ORS 836.616 (Rules for airport uses and activities) (3).
(3) Pilot site means a rural airport identified to participate in the pilot program pursuant to ORS 836.642 (Program for through the fence operations).
(4) Rural airport means an airport described in ORS 836.610 (Local government land use plans and regulations to accommodate airport zones and uses) (1) that:
(a) Does not have a permanent air traffic control tower; and
(b) Principally serves a city or metropolitan statistical area with a population of 500,000 or fewer.
(5) Through the fence operation means a customary and usual aviation-related activity that:
(a) Is conducted by a commercial or industrial user of property within an airport boundary; and
(b) Relies, for business purposes, on the ability to taxi aircraft directly from the property employed for the commercial or industrial use to an airport runway. [2005 c.820 §2; 2009 c.11 §100; 2009 c.398 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.