Licensing of airports
- • fees
- • rules
Except as provided in ORS 836.080 (Exemptions from ORS 836.085 to 836.120), the Oregon Department of Aviation is authorized to provide for the licensing of airports and the annual renewal of such licenses. The following apply to this section:
(1) The department may charge license fees for each original license and for each renewal. The fee to be paid for each original license and each renewal is as follows:
Category I Airport
- Commercial Service $ 150
Category II Airport
- Urban General Aviation $ 100
Category III Airport
- Regional General Aviation $ 75
Category IV Airport
- Local General Aviation $ 50
Category V Airport
- Remote Access $ 30
(2) Upon the adoption of a rule providing for such licensing, the department shall with reasonable dispatch, upon receipt of an application for an original license and the payment of the required fee, issue an appropriate license if it is satisfied that the airport conforms to minimum standards of safety and that safe air traffic patterns can be worked out for such airport and for all existing airports and approved airport sites in its vicinity.
(3) All licenses shall be renewable annually upon payment of the required fees.
(4) Licenses and renewals may be issued subject to any reasonable conditions that the department may deem necessary to effectuate the purposes of ORS 836.085 (Approval of airport sites) to 836.120 (Unlicensed airport operation prohibited). [Formerly 492.210; 1997 c.585 §2; 2015 c.450 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.