General board powers
- • rules
- • United States facilities exempt from board orders
(1) Subject to ORS 835.017 (Provision of central business operating services by Department of Transportation), the State Aviation Board may perform such acts, adopt or amend and issue such orders, rules and regulations, and make, promulgate and amend such minimum standards, all consistent with the provisions of this chapter, as it considers necessary to carry out the provisions of this chapter and to perform its duties thereunder.
(2) No such rule, regulation or order of the board shall apply to airports or air navigation facilities owned or operated by the United States.
(3) All authority, power and duty delegated to the board by the provisions of this section shall be exercised and performed in all respects commensurate with and for the purpose of protecting and insuring the general public interest and safety, the safety of persons receiving instruction concerning, or operating, or using or traveling in aircraft, and of persons or property on land or water, and to develop and promote aviation in this state.
(4) Promulgation of rules, conduct of hearings and issuance and judicial review of rules and orders shall be in accordance with ORS chapter 183. [Formerly 491.100; 2011 c.630 §31]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information