(1)(a) Violation of ORS 830.565 (Permit required) by a person operating a manually propelled boat is a Class D violation. Notwithstanding ORS 153.019 (Presumptive fines), the presumptive fine for a violation of ORS 830.565 (Permit required) by a person operating a manually propelled boat is $30.
(b) Violation of ORS 830.565 (Permit required) by a person operating a motorboat is a Class D violation. Notwithstanding ORS 153.019 (Presumptive fines), the presumptive fine for a violation of ORS 830.565 (Permit required) by a person operating a motorboat is $50.
(2) A person who violates ORS 830.050 (Reporting lost boat), 830.088 (Operation of motorboat by person 12 to 15 years of age), 830.090 (Operation of motorboat by person 16 years of age or older), 830.092 (Exemption from requirement to obtain boating safety certificate), 830.094 (Boating safety certificate required to operate motorboat), 830.230 (Sound signaling devices), 830.415 (Records of operator of boat livery), 830.710 (Report of transfer, abandonment or destruction of boat, boathouse or floating home or change of address of owner), 830.720 (Cancellation of title upon scrapping of boat, boathouse or floating home), 830.770 (Certificate of number required on boat), 830.780 (Identifying number on forward half of boat), 830.810 (Certificate of title), 830.850 (Identifying number plate required on floating homes and boathouses) or 830.855 (Application for floating home or boathouse identifying plate), or rules adopted to carry out the purposes of those statutes, commits a Class D violation.
(3) A person who violates ORS 830.220 (Fire extinguishers), 830.240 (Ventilation systems), 830.245 (Safety devices on boat operated in tidewater), 830.250 (Additional equipment), 830.375 (Authorization required to hold marine event), 830.475 (Duties of operators and witnesses at accidents) (4), 830.480 (Accident report required), 830.785 (Application for boat number), 830.805 (Application by owner having number awarded by federal government or another state) or 830.825 (Hull identification number required), or rules adopted to carry out the purposes of those statutes, commits a Class C violation.
(4) A person who violates ORS 830.110 (Powers and duties of board), 830.175 (Regulations for specific areas), 830.180 (Use of motors prohibited on certain lakes), 830.185 (Speed restrictions in certain areas), 830.187 (Restrictions for Waldo Lake), 830.195 (Board to protect traditional boating uses and prevent user conflicts), 830.210 (Operating improperly equipped boat prohibited), 830.215 (Personal flotation devices), 830.225 (Lights), 830.235 (Carburetors), 830.260 (Muffling devices), 830.300 (Operating boat in violation of chapter prohibited), 830.315 (Reckless operation) (2) and (3), 830.335 (Operator to maintain lookout), 830.340 (Navigation rules), 830.345 (Traffic lanes), 830.350 (Testing racing motorboat), 830.355 (Overloading), 830.360 (Riding on bow, gunwale or transom), 830.362 (Operating motorboat with person holding on to or occupying parts aft of transom), 830.365 (Waterskiing, surfboarding and similar activities), 830.370 (Mooring to buoys and beacons), 830.410 (Operator of boat livery to provide properly equipped boats), 830.420 (Minimum equipment requirements for rental or charter boats), 830.495 (Report of accident resulting in death or disappearance), 830.560 (Launching boat with aquatic invasive species prohibited), 830.775 (Operation of certain boats without certificates of registration), 830.795 (Issuance of certificate of number and validation stickers) or 830.830 (Dealer or boat manufacturer number), or rules adopted to carry out the purposes of those statutes, commits a Class B violation.
(5) A person who violates ORS 830.305 (Unsafe operation) or 830.390 (Minimum equipment and safety requirements for vessels engaged in Klamath Lake plankton fishery), or rules adopted to carry out the purposes of those statutes, commits a Class A violation.
(6) A person who violates ORS 830.383 (Person required to remedy especially hazardous condition) commits a Class B misdemeanor.
(7) A person who violates ORS 830.035 (Peace officers to enforce chapter) (2), 830.053 (False or fraudulent report of theft of boat), 830.315 (Reckless operation) (1), 830.325 (Operating boat while under influence of intoxicating liquor, cannabis or controlled substance), 830.475 (Duties of operators and witnesses at accidents) (1), 830.730 (False information prohibited) or 830.955 (Prohibition of installation of submersible polystyrene device) (1) commits a Class A misdemeanor.
(8) A person who violates ORS 830.475 (Duties of operators and witnesses at accidents) (2) commits a Class C felony.
(9) A person who violates ORS 830.944 (Offenses) commits a Class A violation. [Formerly 488.991; 1991 c.759 §7; 1997 c.74 §2; 1997 c.568 §5; 1997 c.737 §6; 1999 c.550 §4; 1999 c.692 §12; 1999 c.716 §13a; 1999 c.1051 §95; 2003 c.157 §1; 2005 c.299 §3; 2009 c.303 §3; 2009 c.764 §12; 2011 c.381 §1; 2011 c.597 §329; 2013 c.1 §97; 2013 c.186 §4; 2013 c.680 §17; 2015 c.27 §63]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.