Proportional fleet registration
Any registrant of a fleet of commercial vehicles that are operated in this state and in other jurisdictions may register the fleet under proportional fleet registration under this section in lieu of registering the vehicles as provided under the vehicle code if the fleet qualifies for proportional fleet registration under this section. Proportional fleet registration allows fleets of commercial vehicles to comply with registration requirements of more than one jurisdiction and to have registration fees, taxes or other fixed fees apportioned among the jurisdictions in which vehicles from the fleet are being operated. The following apply to proportional fleet registration:
(1) A vehicle may be registered under proportional fleet registration if the vehicle qualifies for proportional registration under an agreement entered into under ORS 826.007 (Authority for proportional registration agreements) and if the vehicle is part of a fleet that qualifies under this section.
(2) Except as provided in this section, the terms of an agreement established under ORS 826.007 (Authority for proportional registration agreements) and the provisions of ORS 826.009 (Proportional registration of commercial vehicles) control all of the provisions of proportional fleet registration, including but not limited to, the following:
(b) Apportionment of fees, taxes and other fixed fees.
(c) Application and information required.
(d) Requirements for type, manner of display, number or any other provision relating to registration plates, registration cards and other proof of registration.
(e) Any other provision relating to the registration or titling of proportionally registered vehicles.
(3) In order to register vehicles under proportional fleet registration under this section, the vehicles must be part of a fleet that includes one or more commercial vehicles as designated by the Department of Transportation.
(4) The initial application for proportional fleet registration shall be completed according to interstate agreements or administrative rules.
(5) The department may issue any distinctive proof of registration under this section the department considers convenient. The fee for the issuance of plates, stickers or other suitable identification for proportionally registered fleets is as provided under ORS 826.023 (Fees for cards, plates and stickers).
(6) Vehicles acquired by the registrant after the commencement of the registration period and subsequently added to a proportionally registered fleet shall be proportionally registered according to interstate agreements or administrative rules.
(7) If any vehicle is withdrawn from a proportionally registered fleet, the registrant of such fleet shall so notify the department on appropriate forms to be prescribed by the department. The department may require the registrant to surrender proportional registration cards and such other identification devices issued with respect to such vehicle as the department may deem advisable. Procedures for obtaining credit for fees paid on vehicles that are withdrawn from a proportionally registered fleet are provided under ORS 826.027 (Transfer of registration).
(8) In addition to any grounds for denial of proportional registration benefits under ORS 826.009 (Proportional registration of commercial vehicles), or an agreement under ORS 826.007 (Authority for proportional registration agreements), the department may deny the registrant of a proportionally registered fleet the right of any further benefits under proportional registration if the department determines that the person should have prorated more vehicles in this state. The denial under this subsection may continue until the fees for such additional vehicle or vehicles that have been prorated have been paid. [Formerly 768.009]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information