Assessment by department upon failure to report tax or fee due
(1) If any person neglects or refuses to make a fee or tax report as required by this chapter, the Department of Transportation shall make a proposed assessment, based upon any information available to the department, for the period for which such person failed to make a report, of the amount of taxes and fees, including fees for temporary passes required under ORS 825.470 (Temporary pass), due for the period for which such proposed assessment is made.
(2) Each assessment shall bear interest at the rate of one percent per month, or fraction thereof, from the last day of the month following the close of the month for which the assessment is imposed until paid.
(3) There shall be added to every such assessment a penalty of 25 percent of the amount thereof.
(4) The department shall give to such person written notice of such assessment.
(5) Whenever the department has made an assessment pursuant to this section that has become final the department may not reopen or reassess such taxes, fees, interest or penalties unless the department is satisfied that the taxpayer fraudulently or with intent to evade taxation destroyed, concealed or withheld any books, accounts, papers, records or memoranda required to be maintained by a person subject to this chapter or the rules of the department. [Formerly 767.850; 2007 c.71 §247]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.