- • period of validity
- • rules
(1) Upon application by a carrier, the Department of Transportation may issue a weight identifier for each vehicle the carrier enrolls with the department, which must state the combined weight of the vehicle or combination of vehicles. The department shall record each weight identifier electronically. This subsection does not apply to vehicles issued a temporary pass under ORS 825.470 (Temporary pass).
(2) A person may not load any motor vehicle in excess of the combined weight stated on the weight identifier issued for that motor vehicle under subsection (1) of this section.
(3) Weight identifiers issued under this section are valid from the first day of any calendar quarter to the last day of the fourth consecutive calendar quarter. Each carrier may select the calendar quarter in which the period will begin except that, if necessary for administrative convenience, the department may require a carrier to adopt a starting date chosen by the department.
(4) All vehicles operating under the carrier’s authority shall have the same four-quarter period of weight identifier validity. The department may allow a carrier to operate with expired weight identifiers for up to one extra quarter if the renewal application has been submitted. The extension of time allowed by this subsection shall be granted only if the department determines that the extension is necessary for the administrative convenience of the department.
(5) The department may adopt rules necessary to administer the provisions of this section. [Formerly 767.775; 2001 c.567 §1; 2003 c.618 §50; 2007 c.465 §1; 2017 c.750 §§57,58; 2018 c.93 §28a; 2019 c.491 §38]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.