Safety regulations relating to drivers or operators
- • uniformity with federal regulations
- • rules
(1) The Department of Transportation shall, after public notice and hearing, adopt rules that require for-hire and private carriers to:
(a) Protect and safeguard the health and safety of all employees, passengers and the public by prescribing the limit of hours that drivers or operators of motor vehicles may remain on duty at any time and the required number of hours released from duty.
(b) Establish minimum qualifications for persons who drive motor vehicles, as, for, or on behalf of the carrier.
(c) Meet and maintain minimum requirements established by the department for safety of operations and equipment of motor vehicles subject to their operations and control.
(2) Venue for prosecution for the violation of rules adopted under this section lies:
(a) In the county in which the defendant resides if the defendant is a resident of this state.
(b) In the county where the violation was committed if the defendant is not a resident of this state.
(3) The department may revoke the certificate or permit of any person for repeated violation of the laws or rules governing hours of service.
(4) The rules promulgated under subsection (1) of this section should provide for uniformity between state and federal motor carrier safety and hours of service rules insofar as practicable. [Formerly 767.455]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information