Imposition of fee on certain household goods carriers
- • penalty for nonpayment
- • rules
(1) The Department of Transportation may impose an annual fee in an amount determined under subsection (2) of this section on each for-hire carrier of household goods to defray the costs to the department of regulating persons offering or providing intrastate transportation of household goods without a certificate. The department shall establish the due date of the fee by rule and shall give notice to each for-hire carrier of household goods at least 15 days prior to the due date.
(2) The fee imposed under this section on each carrier may not exceed 0.1 percent of the carrier’s gross operating revenue derived from transportation of household goods within this state in the prior calendar year, except that the fee may not be less than $100. A for-hire carrier of household goods in its first year of operation shall pay a fee of $100.
(3) The fee imposed under this section is in addition to any other fee prescribed in this chapter for for-hire carriers of household goods.
(4) A for-hire carrier of household goods shall submit with the fee required by this section a statement verified by the carrier showing the gross operating revenues of the carrier derived from transportation of household goods within this state in the prior calendar year. The department shall prescribe the form for the statement and the information that must be included and may audit the forms at any time. The department may refund any overpayment of the fee in the same manner as the department refunds other moneys collected from motor carriers.
(5) A for-hire carrier of household goods that fails to pay the fee required by this section by the due date shall be subject to suspension under ORS 825.139 (Suspension or cancellation of authority for tax delinquency or failure to file bond). [2003 c.754 §5; 2009 c.433 §11]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information