General authority to prescribe and enforce rules and classifications
(1) The Department of Transportation shall, by general order or otherwise, prescribe and enforce rules in conformity with this chapter to better accomplish the enforcement of its provisions, which shall cover and include for-hire carriers and private carriers and their operations.
(2) The department may make such subdivisions of the carriers, as classified in this chapter, as in the opinion of the department may work to the efficient administration of this chapter and shall do all things necessary to carry out and enforce its provisions.
(3) All rules made by the department pursuant to this chapter and filed in the office of the department have the force and effect of law.
(4) This section does not restrict the powers of the county courts or boards of county commissioners under existing laws and amendments thereof.
(5) Without restricting the general powers conferred upon the department to prescribe and enforce rules, the department is vested with special authority with respect to the matters listed in ORS 825.204 (Regulation of shipping receipts, changes of vehicles and routes, records and mileage for carriers of household goods), 825.210 (Regulation of motor vehicles) and 825.212 (Regulation of mileage records). [Formerly 767.445; 1997 c.249 §265]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.