Temporary authority to provide transportation services
- • duration
(1) The Department of Transportation may grant temporary authority for a for-hire carrier to provide transportation of household goods where it is in the public interest. Such temporary authority may be authorized only if the department receives a request for service from a user of the proposed transportation service, and if the department concludes, after investigation, that the request represents a true need or is in the public interest.
(2) The department shall cancel immediately any temporary authority granted under this section if the department determines that the temporary authority issued does not comply with requirements for grant of authority under ORS 825.110 (Issuance, extension or transfer of certificate to carriers of household goods).
(3) The department may not grant temporary authority under this section for an initial period of more than six months.
(4) The department may renew temporary authority granted under this section one time for a period of not more than six months.
(5) A person who is granted temporary authority under this section may apply for permanent authority to provide the transportation service after the expiration of the temporary authority by making application in the manner provided for application for permanent authority under this chapter.
(6) A grant of temporary authority under this section does not establish any right to a grant of permanent authority under this chapter. [Formerly 767.167; 2009 c.433 §6; 2015 c.283 §17]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.