Exemptions from snowmobile registration requirements
This section establishes exemptions from the requirements to register snowmobiles under ORS 821.100 (Operation of unregistered snowmobile). The following are exempt from the registration requirements, either partially or completely as described:
(1) A snowmobile owned and operated by the United States, another state or a political subdivision thereof.
(2) A snowmobile owned and operated by this state or by any city, district or political subdivision thereof.
(3) A snowmobile owned by a resident of another state if registered in accordance with the laws of the state in which its owner resides. The exemption granted under this subsection:
(a) Is only granted to the extent that a similar exemption or privilege is granted under the laws of the other state for snowmobiles registered in this state.
(b) Is only granted for a period of up to 60 consecutive days. Any snowmobile that does not qualify for the exemption under this subsection because of this paragraph is subject to registration.
(4) A snowmobile operated under an out-of-state permit issued under ORS 821.130 (Out-of-state snowmobile permit).
(5) A snowmobile operated under dealer plates as described in ORS 822.040 (Privileges granted by certificate).
(6) A snowmobile used exclusively in farming, agricultural or forestry operations or used by persons licensed under ORS chapter 571 exclusively for nursery or Christmas tree growing operations. [1983 c.338 §715; 1985 c.16 §347; 1985 c.459 §8; 1987 c.254 §4; 1987 c.261 §4; 1987 c.387 §2; 1989 c.991 §9; 1995 c.774 §18; 1999 c.977 §29]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.