Orders regarding noncomplying vehicles or drivers
(1) Whenever the Department of Transportation finds that a vehicle described under ORS 820.010 (Vehicles subject to safety regulation) or 820.020 (Vehicles other than worker transport vehicles that are subject to safety regulation) violates any provision of the safety code adopted under ORS 820.030 (Safety code) or an amendment thereto, the department shall make, enter and serve upon the owner of the vehicle any order necessary to protect the safety of persons transported in the vehicle.
(2) The department may direct in an order, as a condition to the continued use of the motor vehicle for authorized purposes, that such additions, repairs, improvements or changes be made and such safety devices and safeguards be furnished and used as are reasonably required to satisfy the requirements of the safety code, in the manner and within the time specified in the order.
(3) The department may also issue to the owner of the vehicle an order to require that any driver of the motor vehicle satisfy the minimum standards for a driver under the safety code established under ORS 820.030 (Safety code).
(4) Any person aggrieved by an order of the department under this section may appeal under the provisions of ORS 183.480 (Judicial review of agency orders).
(5) Violation of an order issued under this section is subject to penalty as provided under ORS 820.060 (Safety requirement). [1983 c.338 §742]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.