Each of the following is a requirement for marker lights as indicated:
(1) The following types of marker lights shall be placed as indicated:
(a) Forward side marker lights shall be mounted on the side of the vehicle at or near the front.
(b) Intermediate side marker lights shall be mounted on the side of the vehicle at or near the midpoint between the forward side marker lights and the rearward side marker lights.
(c) Rearward side marker lights shall be mounted on the side of the vehicle at or near the rear.
(2) The following are the colors for the indicated type of marker lights:
(a) Rearward side marker lights shall be red.
(b) Forward side marker lights and intermediate side marker lights shall be amber.
(3) Side marker lights may be mounted in combination with clearance lights if illumination is given as required with reference to both.
(4) Marker lights that are required under ORS 816.320 (Lighting equipment required for motor vehicles) and 816.330 (Operation without required lighting equipment) shall be mounted, so far as practicable, in such manner as to reduce the hazard of being obscured by mud or dust thrown by the wheels.
(5) Marker lights shall be capable of being seen and distinguished at a distance of 500 feet directly from that part of the vehicle on which the lights are placed. [1983 c.338 §458 (16); 1985 c.16 §240 (16); 1985 c.69 §1 (16); 1985 c.71 §4 (16); 1985 c.393 §13 (16); 1985 c.420 §6 (16)]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.