2015 ORS § 816.160¹
Rear mounted lighting system
Each of the following is a requirement for a rear mounted lighting system:
(1) A rear mounted lighting system shall have a green light, a yellow light and a red light.
(2) A rear mounted lighting system shall be constructed so that:
(a) The green light will be actuated when the accelerator is depressed;
(b) The yellow light will be actuated when the vehicle is moving forward or standing and idling, but not under power from its engine; and
(c) The red light will be actuated when the motor vehicle is being braked through the use of its braking system.
(3) The red and green lights of a rear mounted lighting system may be illuminated simultaneously. Otherwise, only one light of the system shall be illuminated at any one time and either the green or yellow lights shall be illuminated when the red lights are not illuminated.
(4) The lights of a rear mounted lighting system shall be capable of being seen and distinguished from a distance of 500 feet to the rear of the vehicle during normal daylight.
(5) Rear mounted lighting systems shall not project a glaring or dazzling light. [1983 c.338 §458 (13); 1985 c.16 §240 (13); 1985 c.69 §1 (13); 1985 c.71 §4 (13); 1985 c.393 §13 (13); 1985 c.420 §6 (13)]