Exemptions from mudguard and fender requirements
This section establishes exemptions from ORS 815.182 (Kinds of fenders or mudguards required for specified vehicles) and 815.185 (Operation without proper fenders or mudguards). The exemptions under this section are in addition to any exemptions under ORS 801.026 (General exemptions). The exemptions established under this section are partial or complete as described in the following:
(1) Vehicles of special interest that are registered under ORS 805.020 (Special interest vehicles) are deemed in compliance with the requirements and standards if:
(a) The vehicles are equipped with original manufacturer’s equipment and accessories, or their equivalent, and maintained in safe operating condition; or
(b) The vehicles are street rods that conform to ORS 815.107 (Exemption from equipment requirements for street rods).
(2) Road machinery, road rollers and farm tractors are exempt from the standards and requirements.
(3) Antique vehicles are exempt from the standards and requirements if the vehicles are maintained as collectors’ items and used for exhibitions, parades, club activities and similar uses, but not used primarily for the transportation of persons or property.
(4) A motor truck is exempt from the requirements to be equipped with fenders or mudguards if the vehicle has just a chassis that is not equipped for hauling a load.
(5) Fenders or mudguards are not required on any modified American-made pre-1935 vehicle, or any identifiable vintage or replica thereof that is titled as a later assembled vehicle or replica and is used for show and pleasure use when such vehicle is used and driven only during fair weather on well-maintained, hard-surfaced roads. [1983 c.338 §484; 1985 c.402 §12; 1993 c.314 §5; 1997 c.402 §11; 1999 c.170 §1; 2003 c.655 §120; 2015 c.138 §32]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information