Privileges granted by disabled person parking permit other than program placard
All of the following apply to the parking privileges granted to persons with disabilities under a disabled person parking permit other than a program placard described in ORS 811.607 (Program placards):
(1) The privileges granted under a permit may be exercised notwithstanding ORS 811.575 (Violation of posted parking restrictions on state highways), any authority granted under ORS 810.160 (Controlling parking on highways) or parking restrictions imposed by any city or county and without violation thereof.
(2) Subject to the limitations under subsection (4) of this section, a Wheelchair User placard or decal and an Oregon Wounded Warrior placard or decal allows its holder, or another person while transporting its holder to or from the parking location, to exercise the following privileges:
(a) Park a motor vehicle in any public parking zone restricted as to the length of time permitted therein without incurring penalties imposed for overtime parking in such zones.
(b) Park a motor vehicle in any public parking zone with metered parking without being required to pay any parking meter fee.
(3) A city or county may allow any person who holds a disabled person parking permit to exercise the rights described in subsection (2) of this section.
(4) The privileges granted under subsection (2) of this section do not include any of the following:
(a) Parking in zones where stopping, parking or standing of all motor vehicles is prohibited.
(b) Parking in the late evening or overnight where such parking is prohibited.
(c) Parking in zones reserved for special types of motor vehicles or activities.
(d) Parking in zones where parking is permitted only for 30 minutes or less.
(e) Parking in a parking space marked or signed for Wheelchair User Only, unless displaying a Wheelchair User placard or decal issued under ORS 811.613 (Wheelchair User placard).
(5) In addition to other privileges granted under a permit, the person issued a permit, or another person while transporting the person issued the permit to or from the parking location, may use the permit to park:
(a) In a parking space that is marked or signed to provide parking for persons with disabilities without violation of ORS 811.615 (Unlawful parking in space reserved for persons with disabilities); or
(b) In a parking space that is marked or signed by a road authority as reserved for residents. [1983 c.338 §683; 1985 c.139 §4; 1987 c.187 §5; 1989 c.243 §11; 2007 c.70 §341; 2007 c.468 §7; 2018 c.69 §4; 2019 c.332 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information