2015 ORS § 811.555¹
Illegal stopping, standing or parking
- • affirmative defense
- • penalty
(1) A person commits the offense of illegal stopping, standing or parking if:
(a) The person stops, parks or leaves standing a vehicle in a place where such stopping, parking or standing is prohibited under ORS 811.550 (Places where stopping, standing and parking prohibited); or
(b) The person is the owner of an unattended vehicle parked in a place where such parking is prohibited under ORS 811.550 (Places where stopping, standing and parking prohibited).
(2) Exemptions from this section are established under ORS 811.560 (Exemptions from prohibitions on stopping, standing or parking).
(3) A police officer, under authority granted by ORS 810.430 (Movement of illegally parked vehicles), may move or require to be moved a vehicle that is stopped, parked or left standing in violation of this section.
(4) It is an affirmative defense to a prosecution of the owner of a vehicle under subsection (1)(b) of this section that the use of the vehicle was not authorized by the owner, either expressly or by implication.
(5) The offense described by this section, illegal stopping, standing or parking, is a Class D traffic violation. [1983 c.338 §668; 1987 c.687 §4]