Vehicle repair warning
(1) A vehicle repair warning issued under ORS 810.510 (State police inspection for mechanical condition and equipment) shall:
(a) Be in writing;
(b) Require that the vehicle be placed in a safe condition and its equipment in proper repair and adjustment;
(c) Specify the particulars with reference to condition, equipment, repair or adjustments required; and
(d) Require that approval of the repair or adjustment be obtained within 15 days.
(2) Approval required by this section may be obtained by presenting satisfactory proof to any office of the Oregon State Police that the defect has been corrected.
(3) If an owner or driver is issued a vehicle repair warning described in this section, the vehicle described in the warning:
(a) Shall be brought into compliance with the warning and within 15 days the owner or driver must secure approval of the compliance; or
(b) Shall not be operated upon the highways of this state.
(4) This section is not intended to preclude the issuance of citations for equipment violations if repair or adjustment required by a vehicle repair warning is not perfected within 15 days.
(5) In lieu of compliance with this section the vehicle shall not be operated on the highways of this state. [1983 c.338 §412; 1985 c.16 §219]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.