- • highway work zones
(1) The Department of Transportation may operate photo radar within a highway work zone that is located on a state highway. The photo radar unit may be operated only:
(a) In the area within a highway work zone when highway workers, as defined in ORS 811.230 (Definitions), are present. The photo radar unit may not be operated in a location more than 100 yards from where highway workers are present and, in the case of a divided state highway, the photo radar unit must be located on the same roadway where highway workers are present.
(b) When the configuration of the roadway is temporarily changed, including but not limited to temporary changes made to the number of usable lanes, lane width, shoulder width or curvature of the roadway. The photo radar unit may not be operated in a location more than 100 yards from where the configuration of the roadway is temporarily changed and, in the case of a divided state highway, the photo radar unit must be located on the same roadway where the highway configuration is temporarily changed.
(2) The department, at its own cost, may ask a jurisdiction authorized to operate photo radar under ORS 810.438 (Photo radar) (1) or the Oregon State Police to operate a photo radar unit in a highway work zone on a state highway.
(3) A photo radar unit operated under this section may not be used unless a sign is posted announcing that photo radar is in use. The sign posted under this subsection must be all of the following:
(a) Located on the state highway on which the photo radar unit is being used.
(b) Between 100 and 400 yards before the location of the photo radar unit.
(4) The department shall, once each biennium, conduct a process and outcome evaluation for the purposes of subsection (5) of this section that includes:
(a) The effect of the use of photo radar on traffic safety;
(b) The degree of public acceptance of the use of photo radar; and
(c) The process of administration of the use of photo radar.
(5) The department shall report to the Legislative Assembly by March 1 of each odd-numbered year.
(6) As used in this section, "highway work zone" has the meaning given that term in ORS 811.230 (Definitions). [2007 c.634 §4; 2013 c.373 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.