- • safety zones
- • turns
The Oregon Transportation Commission shall act as road authority under this section in lieu of the Department of Transportation. Each road authority may do any of the following on its own highways, subject to any limitations described:
(1) Designate a highway or section or specific lane on a highway where vehicle traffic must proceed in one direction at all times or at times indicated by traffic control devices. A designation under this subsection shall become effective when appropriate signs are posted. The authority granted by this subsection is subject to the following limitations:
(a) A local authority shall not designate any highway within its boundaries as a one-way highway if the highway is under the jurisdiction of the commission unless the local authority first obtains the written consent of the commission.
(b) A city shall not designate any highway within its boundaries as a one-way highway if the highway is under the jurisdiction of a county unless the city first obtains the written consent of the county.
(2) Designate places on highways as safety zones and regulate and control traffic with respect to the safety zones. A designation under this subsection shall become effective when appropriate signs are posted.
(3) Where traffic conditions warrant, prohibit right or left turns at intersections or prohibit U-turns by all vehicles or by certain types of vehicles.
(4) Require and direct that a different course than that specified under ORS 811.340 (Improperly executed left turn), 811.345 (Failure to use special left turn lane) and 811.355 (Improperly executed right turn) be traveled by vehicles at or proceeding through intersections. A requirement under this subsection is effective when appropriate traffic control devices are placed within or adjacent to the intersections.
(5) Designate locations on highways where vehicles operated by districts described under ORS chapter 267 for the purpose of providing public transportation or substantially similar vehicles used for the same purpose may proceed in directions prohibited to other traffic. Locations may be designated under this subsection only if an engineering study indicates that the movement may be made safely in the designated area. Designations under this subsection shall be effective when indicated by appropriate official traffic control devices. [1983 c.338 §157; 1985 c.16 §49]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.