As used in this section and ORS 807.359 (Special limited vision condition learner’s permit), 807.363 (Issuance of driver license to person with limited vision condition) and 807.368 (Form of permit):
(1) “Licensed vision specialist” means an ophthalmologist or an optometrist.
(2) “Limited vision condition” means visual acuity in the better eye with best lens correction that is no better than 20/80 and no worse than 20/200.
(3) “Rehabilitation training program” means a program designed to train a person with a limited vision condition to use a bioptic telescopic lens while operating a motor vehicle.
(4) “Rehabilitation training specialist” means a person certified by the Department of Transportation to provide a rehabilitation training program.
(5) “Special limited vision condition learner’s permit” means a permit issued by the department to a person with a limited vision condition that allows the person to enroll in a rehabilitation training program. [2003 c.277 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.