Cancellation of privileges
- • issuance of more limited license or permit
(1) The Department of Transportation, at any time, may cancel the driving privileges or part of the driving privileges granted any person under any class of license or under any endorsement or any driver permit if the department determines that the person no longer meets the qualifications or requirements for the license, endorsement or permit.
(2)(a) The department may immediately cancel the driving privileges granted any person under any class of license or under any endorsement or any driver permit if the person is unable to reestablish eligibility under ORS 807.340 (Proof of eligibility) and the department determines that:
(A) The person is no longer able to safely operate a motor vehicle; and
(B) The person may endanger people or property if the person’s driving privileges are not immediately canceled.
(b) A cancellation under this subsection is subject to a post-imposition hearing under ORS 809.440 (Hearing and administrative review procedures).
(3) Upon cancellation under this section, a person whose driving privileges are canceled shall surrender to the department any license or driver permit issued for the driving privileges. Failure to comply with this subsection is subject to penalty as provided under ORS 809.500 (Failure to return suspended, revoked or canceled license).
(4) If the department cancels driving privileges under this section, the department may provide for the issuance of a license, driver permit or license with endorsement or limitations granting driving privileges for which the person does qualify or meet the requirements. The department may provide for the waiver of all or part of the fees relating to the issuance of a license or driver permit when the department issues a driver permit or license under this subsection, as the department determines equitable.
(5) A person whose driving privileges are canceled under this section may regain the canceled driving privileges only by reapplying for the privileges and establishing eligibility and qualification for the driving privileges as provided by law. [1985 c.608 §33; 2003 c.14 §484; 2011 c.355 §31]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.