Disability golf cart permit
- • fees
The Department of Transportation shall provide for issuance of disability golf cart driver permits in a manner consistent with this section. A disability golf cart driver permit grants the driving privileges provided in this section or under the permit. Except as otherwise provided in this section, a disability golf cart driver permit is subject to the fees, provisions, conditions, prohibitions and penalties applicable to a Class C license. The following apply to a disability golf cart driver permit:
(1) The department shall issue a disability golf cart driver permit only to persons with ambulatory disabilities.
(2) The department shall issue a disability golf cart driver permit to an applicant who would not qualify for a license because of the person’s disability if the department determines that the person’s disability does not prevent the person from reasonable and ordinary control of vehicles operated under the permit when operated as allowed under the permit.
(3) In addition to any other restrictions placed on the permit by the department, the permit only grants driving privileges for the operation of golf carts or substantially similar vehicles on roads or streets in an area with a speed designation not greater than 25 miles per hour.
(4) The department may require an applicant for the permit to demonstrate that the applicant is qualified to safely exercise the driving privileges granted under a disability golf cart driver permit notwithstanding the disability of the person.
(5) The fees for issuance or renewal of a disability golf cart driver permit are the disability golf cart driver permit issuance or renewal fees established under ORS 807.370 (License, endorsement and permit fees). This subsection only affects the fees payable for issuance and renewal and is not an exemption from payment of other fees payable at the time of issuance and renewal of a license.
(6) A person with a disability golf cart driver permit who commits the offense of violation of license restrictions under ORS 807.010 (Operating vehicle without driving privileges or in violation of license restrictions) by driving on a road or street in an area with a speed designation greater than 25 miles per hour commits a Class D traffic violation. [1983 c.338 §321; 1985 c.16 §139; 1985 c.608 §25; 1989 c.636 §26]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.