Proof of compliance with future responsibility filing requirement
- • filing for another
- • failure of proof to meet requirements
Future responsibility filings required by ORS 806.200 (Failure to file after accident), 806.220 (Failure to file after failing verification) or 806.230 (Failure of previous violator to file) or by any other law of this state are subject to all of the following:
(1) Except as provided in subsection (3) of this section, the person required to make the filing must file with the Department of Transportation, or have filed with the department for the benefit of the person, proof that meets the requirements of this section and must maintain the proof as required under ORS 806.245 (Termination of future responsibility filing requirement). The filing is made on the date it is received by the department if it is received during regular business hours.
(2) The proof filed under subsection (1) of this section must be:
(a) A certificate or certificates of insurance that meet the requirements under ORS 806.270 (Certificate of insurance); or
(b) A valid certificate of self-insurance issued by the department under ORS 806.130 (Self-insurance).
(3) The owner of a motor vehicle may make a future responsibility filing under this section on behalf of the owner’s employee or a member of the owner’s immediate family or household in lieu of the filing being made by the person. Filing under this subsection permits the person on whose behalf the filing is made to operate only a motor vehicle covered by the proof given in the filing. The department shall endorse restrictions, as appropriate, on any license or driver permit the person holds as the department determines necessary to limit the person’s ability to operate vehicles consistent with this subsection.
(4) Whenever proof filed under this section no longer meets the requirements of this section, the department shall require the furnishing of other proof for the future responsibility filing. If other proof is not furnished, the department shall suspend the driving privileges of the person as provided under ORS 809.415 (Suspensions for conduct involving judgments, financial responsibility, dishonesty) or, if applicable, any registration as provided under ORS 809.050 (Revocation or suspension of registration of employer for failure to make future responsibility filing). [1983 c.338 §859; 1987 c.258 §2; 1995 c.41 §7; 2003 c.14 §466; 2003 c.175 §8; 2003 c.402 §16; 2009 c.257 §6]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.