Exemptions from financial responsibility requirements
This section provides exemptions from the necessity for compliance with or proof of compliance with financial responsibility requirements in accident reports under ORS 811.725 (Driver failure to report accident to Department of Transportation), when applying for vehicle registration under ORS 803.370 (Contents of application) or 803.460 (Certification or other proof of compliance with financial responsibility requirements) and for operating a vehicle under ORS 806.010 (Driving uninsured prohibited). The owner or operator of a vehicle is exempt, as provided by this section, from financial responsibility requirements if the vehicle involved in the accident, sought to be registered or operated is any of the following:
(1) An antique vehicle issued permanent registration under ORS 805.010 (Antique vehicles).
(2) A farm trailer.
(3) A farm tractor.
(4) An implement of husbandry.
(5) A vehicle of special interest that is maintained as a collector’s item and used for exhibitions, parades, club activities and similar uses, but not used primarily for the transportation of persons or property.
(6) A snowmobile or a Class I, Class III or Class IV all-terrain vehicle, unless the vehicle is operating on an all-terrain vehicle highway access route that is designated by the Oregon Transportation Commission as open to all-terrain vehicles.
(7) Any motor vehicle not operated on any highway or premises open to the public in this state.
(8) A motor assisted scooter.
(9) An electric personal assistive mobility device. [1983 c.338 §838; 1985 c.16 §423; 1987 c.217 §4; 1989 c.991 §32; 1993 c.751 §99; 2001 c.749 §22; 2003 c.341 §5; 2009 c.257 §1; 2011 c.360 §15; 2015 c.138 §29; 2017 c.453 §8]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.