Portland Trail Blazers registration plate
- • rules
- • fee
(1) The Department of Transportation shall establish a Portland Trail Blazers registration plate program to issue special registration plates to support charitable initiatives through the Trail Blazers Foundation established by the Portland Trail Blazers. The special registration plates shall be issued upon request to owners of motor vehicles registered under ORS 803.420 (Registration fees) (6)(a). In addition, the department may adopt rules for issuance of Portland Trail Blazers registration plates for vehicles not registered under ORS 803.420 (Registration fees) (6)(a).
(2) In addition to any other fee authorized by law, for each set of Portland Trail Blazers registration plates issued under subsection (1) of this section, the department shall collect a surcharge of $40 payable when the plates are issued and upon each subsequent renewal of registration of a vehicle bearing the plates. The department shall distribute the moneys from the surcharge as provided in ORS 805.279 (Disposition of moneys from Portland Trail Blazers registration plate surcharge).
(3) Notwithstanding ORS 803.530 (Period of validity), Portland Trail Blazers registration plates may be transferred from vehicle to vehicle if the department stops issuing the plates, as long as the plates are not too old, damaged, mutilated or otherwise rendered illegible to be useful for purposes of identification.
(4) The Portland Trail Blazers registration plate must include the name or logo of the Portland Trail Blazers basketball team. The department shall design the plate in consultation with the Portland Trail Blazers. The final design of the plate is subject to approval by the Portland Trail Blazers. The department may enter into agreements necessary for the use of the logo, name, marks or slogans associated with the Portland Trail Blazers or the National Basketball Association.
(5) Except as otherwise required by the design approved by the department, Portland Trail Blazers registration plates must comply with the requirements of ORS 803.535 (Size, form, material, color, design, contents). [2015 c.806 §2; 2017 c.750 §39q]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.