Declaration of weight for fee determination
- • contents
A declaration of weight required for purposes of complying with ORS 803.440 (Failure to submit declaration of weight) and for purposes of determining vehicle registration fees under ORS 803.420 (Registration fees) shall contain the following:
(1) For vehicles required to establish a registration weight under ORS 803.430 (Certain vehicles required to establish registration weight for fee determination), the declaration shall contain the registration weight.
(2) For buses, the declaration shall contain the unloaded weight of the vehicle plus the unloaded weight of any bus trailer to be used in combination with the vehicle. The declaration shall also indicate the number of persons, including the driver, to be carried in the vehicle, plus the number of persons to be carried on any bus trailer to be used in combination with the vehicle.
(3) For fixed load vehicles, the declaration shall contain the weight of the vehicle including the cab, chassis, frame and all appurtenances necessary for making the vehicle self-propelled including front bumpers, fenders, windshield, tire carrier and spare wheel, and including the fixed or permanent load of the vehicle but excluding the spare tire.
(4) For tow vehicles that are used to transport property for hire other than as described in ORS 822.210 (Privileges granted by certificate), the declaration shall contain the combined weight at which the vehicle will be used to transport property for hire.
(5) For all vehicles not otherwise provided for by this section and for which a declaration is prepared or required, the declaration shall contain the registration weight of the vehicle. [1983 c.338 §231; 1985 c.16 §88; 1985 c.189 §3; 1989 c.723 §10; 1989 c.992 §12c; 1993 c.18 §168; 1993 c.751 §25; 2011 c.287 §4; 2017 c.45 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.