Contents of application
- • rules
This section establishes requirements for an application for vehicle registration in this state. If an applicant fails to comply with requirements under this section, the Department of Transportation may refuse to register or reregister a vehicle until the applicant complies with the requirements. An application shall contain all of the following:
(1) The true name and, except as provided for corrections officers in ORS 802.253 (Records containing residence address of corrections officer or household member), eligible employees in ORS 802.250 (Records containing residence address of eligible public employee or household member) or Address Confidentiality Program participants in ORS 192.846 (Records of Department of Transportation), the actual residence or business address of the owner. The department may provide by rule for acceptance of something other than an actual residence or business address if the department determines that the applicant does not have an actual address.
(2) A description of the vehicle, including the name of the make and the vehicle identification number.
(3) An odometer disclosure in a form determined by the department by rule pursuant to ORS 803.120 (Odometer disclosure), if a disclosure is otherwise required.
(4) Any other information required by the department.
(5) If the application is for registration or reregistration of a vehicle that is subject to the federal heavy vehicle use tax, proof that the federal use tax has been paid. The department shall adopt rules to determine proof that will be acceptable for purposes of this subsection.
(6) A statement:
(a) That the applicant is domiciled in this state as described in ORS 803.355 (“Domicile” described) if the applicant is required by ORS 803.360 (Domicile requirements for registration) to be domiciled in this state in order to register a vehicle in the state; and
(b) That so long as the vehicle remains registered to the applicant in this state, the applicant will remain domiciled in this state if required to do so in order to register the vehicle.
(7) A statement:
(a) That the vehicle qualifies under ORS 803.360 (Domicile requirements for registration) (2) for registration in this state, if the owner is not domiciled in this state and is not required by ORS 803.200 (Residency), or any other provision of law, to register the vehicle in this state; and
(b) That so long as the vehicle remains registered to the applicant under the provisions of ORS 803.360 (Domicile requirements for registration) (2), the owner and the vehicle will meet the qualifications of this subsection.
(8) A statement upon initial registration that the applicant is in compliance with financial responsibility requirements for the vehicle and will remain in compliance until the vehicle is transferred. Exemptions from this subsection are established in ORS 806.020 (Exemptions from financial responsibility requirements).
(9) If the application is for registration or renewal of registration of a motor vehicle by a motor carrier, the information on drug and alcohol testing programs required by ORS 825.410 (Drug and alcohol testing program). [1983 c.338 §211; 1985 c.16 §79; 1985 c.251 §18; 1985 c.305 §10; 1985 c.563 §4; 1989 c.695 §3; 1991 c.67 §215; 1991 c.523 §4; 1991 c.873 §15; 1993 c.751 §89; 1999 c.1099 §4; 2005 c.292 §5; 2007 c.542 §18]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.