Administrative provisions relating to license compact
The following relate to the Driver License Compact under ORS 802.540 (Driver License Compact):
(1) The Director of Transportation or the director’s deputy shall act as the compact administrator. The compact administrator shall not be entitled to any additional compensation on account of service as compact administrator, but shall be entitled to expenses incurred in connection with such service, payable the same as expenses in connection with services as the normal duties of the person.
(2) When reference in the compact is made to the executive head in this state, the reference applies to the Governor of this state.
(3) When reference in the compact is made to the licensing authority in this state, the reference applies to the Department of Transportation.
(4) In accordance with subdivision (c) of Article IV of the compact, the following offenses or violations provided by Oregon law hereby are designated as offenses or violations of a substantially similar nature as the respective denominations and descriptions of conduct appearing in subdivision (a) of Article IV of the compact.
(a) ORS 809.409 (Revocation for conviction of crime) (1) and (2) - Article IV (a) (1).
(b) ORS 813.400 (Suspension or revocation upon conviction) - Article IV (a) (2).
(c) ORS 809.409 (Revocation for conviction of crime) (5) - Article IV (a) (3).
(d) ORS 809.409 (Revocation for conviction of crime) (3) - Article IV (a) (4).
(5) Offenses or violations other than those referred to in subsection (4) of this section reported to the department pursuant to Article III of the compact shall be given effect within the purpose of Article IV (b) of the compact as the other laws of this state provide. [1983 c.338 §169; 2003 c.402 §11]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.