Winter Recreation Advisory Committee
- • members
- • meetings
- • rules
(1) The Winter Recreation Advisory Committee is created to perform the functions described for the committee under ORS 810.170 (Winter recreation parking locations).
(2) The committee created under this section shall consist of seven members appointed by the Oregon Transportation Commission as follows:
(a) Two persons representing ski area operators;
(b) One member representing the Oregon Nordic Club;
(c) One person representing the Pacific Northwest Ski Association;
(d) One member representing the Oregon State Snowmobile Association; and
(e) Two members from the general public interested in winter recreation in this state.
(3) Members of the committee established under this section shall not receive compensation for their service on the committee.
(4) The members shall be appointed to serve for terms of four years. Vacancies on the committee shall be filled by appointment by the commission for the unexpired term.
(5) The committee shall meet regularly four times a year at times and places fixed by the chair of the committee. The committee may meet at other times specified by the chair or a majority of the members of the committee.
(6) The Department of Transportation shall provide assistance and space for meetings as requested by the chair of the committee.
(7) The committee shall adopt rules to govern its proceedings and shall select a chair and any other officers it considers necessary.
(8) Members of the advisory committee shall be entitled to actual and necessary expenses as provided by ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions) (2). [1983 c.338 §122; 1989 c.498 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.