Transportation Safety Committee
- • members, compensation, expenses
- • staff
(1) The Transportation Safety Committee is created within the Department of Transportation to advise the department and the Oregon Transportation Commission concerning the functions described under ORS 802.310 (Transportation safety programs) and to perform any other functions related to transportation safety that the commission delegates. The committee established under this section shall consist of five members appointed by the Governor on the recommendation of the commission. The term of office of each member is four years. Before the expiration of the term of a member, the Governor shall appoint a successor. A member is eligible for reappointment. In case of a vacancy for any cause, the Governor shall appoint a person to fill the office for the unexpired term.
(2) The Governor shall appoint one member of the committee established under this section as the chair and another member as vice chair.
(3) A member of the committee established under this section is entitled to compensation and expenses as provided under ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions).
(4) The Director of Transportation may appoint assistants, consultants, clerical staff and other employees needed to carry out the purposes of the committee but shall, as much as possible, consolidate the staff and coordinate the activities of the committee with other staff and activities of the department. [1983 c.338 §119; 1991 c.453 §6; 1993 c.741 §77]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.