Definitions for ORS 8.415 to 8.455
(1) “Administrator” means the State Court Administrator.
(2) “Advisory committee” means the Certified Shorthand Reporters Advisory Committee created in ORS 8.455 (Advisory committee, membership).
(3) “Certified shorthand reporter” means an individual who has been certified to engage in the practice of stenographic reporting or voicewriting reporting under ORS 8.415 (Definitions for ORS 8.415 to 8.455) to 8.455 (Advisory committee, membership).
(4) “Stenographic reporting” means the making and transcribing of a verbatim record of any court proceeding, deposition, hearing or other proceeding by means of a written system of either manual or machine shorthand procedures.
(5) “Voicewriting reporting” means the making and transcribing of a verbatim record of any court proceeding, deposition, hearing or other proceeding by:
(a) Recording the words in the proceeding using a voice silencer for subsequent transcription; or
(b) Using a computerized speech-recognition transcription program. [Formerly 703.400; 1997 c.249 §3; 2003 c.14 §6; 2013 c.470 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.