Duties of trial court administrator
- • delegation
- • transcript coordinator
(1) The trial court administrator for a judicial district has the duties, powers and functions prescribed by law or by rules of the circuit courts in the district.
(2) A trial court administrator shall, for each court served by the officer:
(a) Keep the seal of the court, and affix it in all cases required by law.
(b) Record the proceedings of the court.
(c) Maintain the records, files, books and other documents pertaining to the court.
(d) File all documents delivered to the trial court administrator in any action or proceeding in the court.
(e) Attend the court, administer oaths and receive the verdict of a jury in any action or proceeding therein, in the presence and under the direction of the court.
(f) Under the direction of the court enter its orders and judgments.
(g) Authenticate, by certificate or transcript, as may be required, the records, files or proceedings of the court, or any document pertaining thereto, and filed with the officer.
(h) In the performance of duties pertaining to the court, conform to the direction of the court.
(3) A trial court administrator may take and certify the proof and acknowledgment of a conveyance of real property or any other written instrument authorized or required to be proved or acknowledged.
(4) A trial court administrator may delegate powers of the office of trial court administrator to employees of the trial court administrator.
(5) A trial court administrator shall designate a person to act as transcript coordinator for the court. [1981 s.s. c.3 §12; 1985 c.540 §22; 1993 c.223 §1; 1995 c.273 §4; 1997 c.801 §§117,117a; 2007 c.129 §8; 2015 c.212 §13]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.