(1) For the purpose of ORS 777.705 (Definitions for ORS 777.705 to 777.725) to 777.725 (Borrowing money to pay bonus) and 777.915 (Definitions for ORS 777.915 to 777.953) to 777.953 (Annexation), a port may borrow money and sell and dispose of bonds. The bonds shall not, singly or in the aggregate, with previous debts and liabilities incurred and outstanding for such purposes, exceed one-fourth of one percent (0.0025) of the real market value of all taxable property within the port. The bonds shall be issued from time to time as the board may determine, and shall be of such denominations, run for such period of years and for such rate of interest as the board determines.
(2) Bonds shall not be issued unless authorized by the majority of the electors voting upon the question at an election called for that purpose.
(3) Every issue of bonds shall be in serial form so as to mature in numerical order in equal installments annually on and after five years from date. The bonds shall not bear interest exceeding in any event a net effective rate of seven percent per annum. The bonds shall be signed on behalf of the port by its president and countersigned by its secretary. The bonds shall be so conditioned that the port shall agree, in consideration of the premises, to pay at a place therein named to the bearer or registered holder thereof the sum named therein at the maturity thereof in lawful money of the United States, with interest thereon in like lawful money at the rate per annum named therein, payable semiannually in accordance with the tenor and terms of interest coupons thereto attached.
(4) The bonds shall be known as water transportation bonds of the Port of (insert name of port), County of (insert name of county), State of Oregon, as the case may be.
(5) The bonds shall be sold for cash to the highest responsible bidder, upon sealed bids, after advertising; but the board may reject any and all bids tendered and proceed to readvertise when bids are not satisfactory. [Amended by 1967 c.293 §35; 1971 c.728 §101; 1991 c.459 §441]